I’ve always loved hot air balloons. I think they are just majestic! I’ve been wanting to design a set of printables to host a hot air balloon party – it just hadn’t happened…yet. I say ‘yet’ because when I met the wonderful people at Royal Design Studio (you know – the stencil people?) while at the Snap Conference, the time was right! You see, they have a new product called Wallternatives™ – removable fabric wall art. (Oh my – go check it out – SO many cute and fun patterned options!) The hot air balloons are adorable! I KNEW that I had to host a hot air balloon party using these FAB new Wallternatives.
A little background: If you’ve hosted a baby shower, 9 times out of 10 you are trying to match either the mom’s style or the nursery. And what better way to match the nursery than to use the actual decor from the shower on.the.wall!?! The printables were fun to design: I designed everything to match the colors in the Wallternatives Fabric Decals and voila! The Hot Air Balloon Party was ready to go! (More on the Wallternatives below.)
Hot Air Balloon Party
These hot air balloon decals are PERFECT! And the best part? You can decorate at the party and then re-apply (WITH EASE) to the walls in the nursery. Seriously – if I can do it – you can totally do it!
Kate Aspen sent me these adorable favor boxes. They are filled with jelly bellies – just like the glass bottles (above). Kate Aspen has THE best accessories for your parties. And affordable!
How cute are these adorable clouds? You can get them from Let’s Eat Grandpa – they’re currently available in her etsy shop.
These custom cookies are from Auntie Bea’s Bakery. She’s seriously awesome and my go-to person! Love her!
I love the cake pops with the little clouds on them. They are from Petits Plaisirs Chocolata. (And they taste great too!)
I’m so grateful to Hoopla Events! Krista is awesome and provided me with these great plastic bottles as well as the straws you saw earlier.
I’m so blessed to have so many local resources! Amy Lynns Cakes made this hot air balloon cake!
More cookies from Auntie Beas Bakery!
Let’s Eat Grandpa created this gorgeous fabric bunting!
The cupcakes were from the amazing Busy Bee Cupcakery here in Roseville. Her cupcakes are DELISH. If you are local – be sure to look her up! (Her salted caramel cupcakes? TO.DIE.FOR!)
See that cute “baby” decoration? Yep – I made that! It was really easy – you’d be surprised! I can’t wait to show you how I did it. The tutorial will be available soon.
Pin Me for Later!
I have to tell you how EASY it was to use the custom fabric decals! Wallternatives shipped them and they arrived in perfect condition. For the party, I actually applied the hot air balloon directly to the clean glass of the picture frame. Once the party was over, I removed it and applied it to my son’s bedroom wall. Look how great it looks! Large vinyl hot air balloon decals were perfect for my party and my son’s room!
I’ve actually put these on my son’s wall – moved them to my daughter’s wall – and they now are hung in my kid’s bathroom! (Score – I totally have a theme for that jack and jill bathroom! SO easy to move and re-apply!
You might have questions about Wallternatives – I know I did. This is straight from their product description:
WallPrints™ Fabric Decals
- WallPrints™ Fabric Decals are using a 4-color printing process printed on a premium polyester fabric backed with a revolutionary repositionable adhesive. Simple peel & stick to any smooth surface. Removable. Reusable.
- WallPrints™ Fabric Decals’ material does not peel, rip or wrinkle, and even if the adhesive side folds on itself it can be pulled apart with ease. Test for yourselves and see!
- WallPrints™ can be moved and re-applied over and over again as long as the adhesive remains clean. Unlike similar fabric decal materials on the market, the repositionable adhesive will NOT weaken or strengthen over time, meaning you can leave your WallPrint up for a day or for 10 years, and it will still remove easily, without creating any surface damage or leaving adhesive residue.
- Our WallPrints™ material is US patented, green and nontoxic. It contains no PVC, Phthlates, Glycol-ether or Formaldehyde, and is environmentally friendly and bio-degradable over time.
- Many of our WallPrints™ Design Packs and Mural Sets are intended for interactivity, allowing YOU to be the designer with more creative choices for layout and placement.
They have SO many ideas to decorate your home – and if you are fickle like me…you’ll totally want to try out the removable art!
Thanks for visiting and checking out my party using Wallternatives! Stay tuned for a few tutorials as well as more information regarding the vendors I used so you can host your own Hot Air Balloon Party using my party printables.
Party Styling and Party Printables (invitation, water bottle labels, cupcake toppers, etc): Swish Printables
Photography: KT Moffitt Photography
Removable Fabric Art: Wallternatives
Ruffle Table Cloth: Cupcake with Character
Custom Baby Banner and Clouds: Let’s Eat Grandpa
Cupcakes: Busy Bees Cupcakery
Chocolate covered Oreos and Designer Sugar Cookies: Auntie Bea’s Bakery
Cloud Cake Pops: Petits Plaisirs Chocolata
Hot Air Balloon Cake: Amy Lynns Cakes
Paper straws and plastic pill bottles: Hoopla Events
Pinwheel Favor boxes and Glass Jars: Kate Aspen
“This post is sponsored by Wallternatives but all opinions are 100% my own!”